We want you to base your drilling decisions on survey information you are receiving when you need it, as often as you need it. Existing systems, such as industry standard 90' survey intervals, have proven to be far too sparse to give you an acceptable position calculation which results in improper model lithology data and incorrect placement of current and subsequent wells.
In unconventional drilling applications wellbore placement is crucial for overall success of the project. Our continuous inclination service helps achieve this goal by providing highly accurate survey inclination survey data while drilling. The system utilizes state-of-the-art sensor technology combined with proprietary algorithms that result in a very precise and repeatable measurement. Continuous Inclination Services are available with AccuMP™, AccuWave™, and AccuSteer™ systems.
You do not have to sacrifice ROP for accurate and precise wellbore placement. Surveying at a greater interval for more accurate positional calculations takes substantial time. Continuous Inclination provides the data necessary for more accurate TVD calculation without the time and costs associated with more frequent surveying.
Image Hover Over
Well survey analysis shows that the TVD of a 10,000 ft. lateral can be +/- 75 ft. from the calculated position when using traditional survey methods.
What does this mean for you?
- Reduced NPT through elimination of check shot surveys (saves an average of 2 hours per 1,000' drilled in a lateral well section)
- Early warning of inclination changes enables shorter slides
- Wellbore profile improves as corrections are made early sometimes without sliding
- Continuous survey data enhances "positional awareness" resulting in improved geosteering interpretations
- Smoother wellbore profile improves drilling efficiency as a result of reduced tortuosity
- Incorporating continuous inclination into survey calculations improves TVD accuracy